Components: The most important facts regarding the 2017 launch of AIA Contract Documents
AIA Contract Documents are reviewed and updated based on industry trends and important court decisions. In 2017, we released revised versions of 11 commonly used forms and contracts. The complete list of affected documents as well as other important information is below.
Paper document Distributors: Once the 2017 documents are released, the 2007 editions of the documents can continue to be sold for up to 18 months. Please carefully manage the quantities you order as well as your existing inventory. After the 18 month period, any remaining old paper documents should be shredded and recycled.
How to order paper documents:
- If you’d like to place an online order, click here. If you’d like to see a list of local chapters who carry them, please click here.
- If you would like to order paper documents in bulk, please visit the paper ordering website. If you need login information, contact Caitlin Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 626-7553.
New pricing for paper documents.
Newly updated paper prices for AIA Contract Documents will come into effect January 1, 2018. The new average price for contracts is $31.99 and the average price for forms is $12.99. A package of 50 will cost $99.99.
The following are affected paper documents for the April and October releases: A101-2007, A102-2007, A103-2007, A105-2007, A107-2007, A201-2007, A401-2007, B101-2007, B104-2007, B105-2007, C401-2007, G701-2001, and G704-2000.
April release includes:
- A101™–2017, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor where the basis of payment is a Stipulated Sum
- A102™–2017, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor where the basis of payment is the Cost of the Work Plus a Fee with a Guaranteed Maximum Price
- A103™–2017, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor where the basis of payment is the Cost of the Work Plus a Fee without a Guaranteed Maximum Price
- A104™-2017(formerly A107-2007), Standard Abbreviated Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor
- A105™–2017, Standard Short Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor
- A201™–2017, General Conditions of the Contract for Construction
- A401™–2017, Standard Form of Agreement Between Contractor and Subcontractor
- B101™–2017, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect
- B102™–2017, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect without a Predefined Scope of Architect’s Services
- B103™–2017, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect for a Complex Project
- B104™–2017, Standard Abbreviated Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect
- B105™–2017, Standard Short Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect
- C401™–2017, Standard Form of Agreement Between Architect and Consultant
- E204™–2017, Sustainable Projects Exhibit
October release includes:
- C203-2017, Standard Form of Consultant’s Services: Commissioning
- B201-2017, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Design and Construction Contract Administration
- B203-2017, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Site Evaluation and Project Feasibility
- B205-2017, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Historic Preservation
- B207-2017, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: On-Site Project Representation
- B210-2017, Standard Form of Architect’s Services: Facility Support
- G612-2017, Owner’s Instructions to the Architect Part A
- G612-2017, Owner’s Instructions to the Architect Part B
- G701-2017, Change Order
- G701S-2017, Change Order (Subcontractor Variation)
- G702S–2017, Application and Certificate for Payment, Contractor-Subcontractor Version
- G703S–2017, Continuation Sheet, Contractor-Subcontractor Version
- G704-2017, Certificate of Substantial Completion
- G710-2017, Architect’s Supplemental Instructions
- G714-2017, Construction Change Directive
- G715-2017, Supplemental Attachment for ACORD Certificate of Insurance 25
- G801-2017, Notice of Additional Services
- G802-2017, Amendment to the Professional Services Agreement
- G803-2017, Amendment to the Consultant Services Agreement
- G808-2017, Project Directory and Design Data Summary
The latest AIA Contract Documents print ads and web banners are now on Brand Folder. If you need additional marketing assets like e-newsletter copy and social media posts, simply email Contract Documents with your marketing request, ad specifications and materials due date. Please allow 3 – 5 business days for us to turn-around your marketing request.
2017 AIA Documents Education Opportunities:
The Learn section on the AIA Contract Documents website has a lot of education resources regarding the 2017 AIA Documents including live webinars, on-demand webinars, guides, comparisons and news. There will be a webinar regarding the newly revised 2017 AIA Architects Scope documents on November 28. Visit the 2017 Free Webinars page for more information.
We will also be posting articles on the our social media platforms. We encourage you to follow us:
While our customer support group has been inundated with calls, please be patient, as we are adding staff to accommodate.